Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Hanukkah and a bit of other things

To our Jewish friends:

HAPPY HANUKKAH!

I also wanted to write a little bit about the feedback I've received from my piano forum friends regarding my 4th video.

Birba, from PianoStreet forum, who gave me my first lesson says I'm doing much better now. But he said I had three tempi in the beginning of the piece because I wasn't counting. So he suggested I keep my right hand in my mind as I play the opening g-sharp and count EXACTLY in my head as I sing to myself the opening 16th notes. I managed to do this with the help of a metronome. While it ticked away at 60 beats to a half note (my tempo at this moment), I sang the RH running note melody of bar 5 in my head and it worked!  He also said I was tightening up again in the later passage so he has made me a new lesson to help me with this. I will post his video soon. His guidance has been invaluable to me and I will always be thankful to him.

Other forum members have mentioned that my LH is too loud so I'm working on softening it a bit.

Anyway, that's it for now. I took a day off practice yesterday so I need to practice today.


No comments: